开启左侧

[政论导读] 周末读报, 看似杂乱无章, 各表铿锵有因果。

[复制链接]
发表于 2018-1-20 04:37 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

马上注册,结交更多好友,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?注册

x

1: 两天前, 被马云收购的南华早报雷到;其发表了一篇看似老掉牙的关于中国政府如何快速收押海外红通罪犯的文章,但是....。我们来看看

副标题就很雷人:‘Don’t even think about it. Don’t even consider it. Not for a second. They can’t be trusted. Period’----意指红通犯们被“欺骗”回国后完全剥离之前达成的个人与政府的协议而遭到重判的后果( 直译:绝不要心存幻想, 甚至不用想, 片刻也不用, 绝不能信任他们。)



链接:http://www.scmp.com/news/world/united-states-canada/article/2128730/how-china-persuading-graft-suspects-canada-surrender
全文如下:


f8901f5a-fba9-11e7-b2f7-03450b80c791_1280x720_071702.jpg


How is China persuading graft suspects in Canada to ‘surrender’? An embezzler’s disastrous deal offers clues
‘Don’t even think about it. Don’t even consider it. Not for a second. They can’t be trusted. Period’

After the flight touched down in Beijing, the former manager of the real estate arm of the Hebei Port Group was immediately taken into custody by two white-gloved officers who led him onto the tarmac by both arms. A “huge amount” of money involved in He’s bribery case was frozen, said China’s anti-graft agency, the Central Commission for Discipline Inspection (CCDI), which documented the arrest in a series of photos.




He Jian allegedly fled China for Canada in 2010, and had been living a life of obscurity in the seaside town of Nanaimo on Vancouver Island. That ended in 2015, when his name and photo were published on a CCDI list of its 100 most-wanted suspects said to have fled overseas. Reporters came knocking on his door.

China reveals foreign addresses of corruption suspects living in Canada, US and beyond

But He was under no formal obligation to leave Canada, which has no extradition treaty with China. He faced no charges in Canada, and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the federal force which has jurisdiction over Nanaimo, said it had no information on his case.
According to the CCDI, He had voluntarily “returned to China and surrendered himself to the police”.
Then on December 6, the CCDI announced another victory involving a British-Columbia-based suspect – former Yunnan tax collector Li Wenge had also returned and “surrendered”.
Li, accused of fraud in China, had been the target of a 2014 Canadian lawsuit which sought to freeze the sale of Richmond real estate supposedly purchased with about RMB12million (C$2.4million) in unpaid loans from a businesswoman in China. But like He, Li faced neither Canadian charges nor formal compulsion to return to China, and the RCMP (which polices Richmond) said it had no knowledge of his case, either.
Details of how and why He and Li decided to face the music in China are scant, and their surrenders have gone unreported in Canada’s English-language media. A Canadian lawyer who represented Li in the 2014 case did not respond to a request for comment, and no representative of He could be contacted.


However, their situation has a precedent that gives clues about how they were convinced to give in.
On New Year’s Day, 2012, accused embezzler Li Dongzhe (no relation to Li Wenge) arrived back in Beijing having voluntarily exited Canada – where he had been safe from deportation thanks to a “pre-removal risk assessment” by immigration authorities. They concluded he faced the prospect of torture in China. Li was a high-profile fugitive, accused of stealing more than US$100 million in one of the biggest bank frauds in Chinese history, and his prospects in China seemed dire.

So why surrender?

According to his Vancouver lawyer, Douglas Cannon, and documents reviewed by the South China Morning Post, Li engaged in lengthy negotiations with the Chinese consulate in Vancouver, including talks with a Chinese policeman based in Canada named You Xiaowen.
And Li thought he had struck a deal.
Cannon said Li thought the deal meant no more than 15 years jail, no jail time for his co-accused brother, and retention of assets Li said were unrelated to the alleged offences.
But instead, Li now serves a life sentence. His assets have been confiscated. His brother, Li Donghu, is serving a 25-year term.
Cannon, who has been retained to publicise the outcome of the case, has stark advice for any Chinese suspects in Canada considering striking a deal with Beijing for their return.
“Don’t even think about it. Don’t even consider it. Not for a second. They can’t be trusted. Period.”


‘The Li brothers trusted them and they should not have’

Of the 100 suspects on the CCDI’s “most wanted” list, issued as part of the Operation Skynet crackdown, 51 are known to have been arrested, including 13 who had reportedly been living in Canada.
In addition to Li and He, accused embezzler Wang Linjuan and alleged bribe-taker Li Shiqiao also returned from Canada in 2017. State media described both as having surrendered, in September and April respectively; it is not known where in Canada they had been living.

A Vancouver firm offers clients ‘new identities’. Its customers have included Chinese criminals

The South China Morning Post has no evidence of any of the suspects’ guilt or innocence.
Without commenting on the specifics of recent returnees, Cannon said Chinese authorities could convince suspects to return by either offering them a deal for leniency or at least fair treatment, “or they do what they have always done, which is threaten family members and loved ones with consequences.”


“They managed to get the Li brothers back by lying through their teeth,” said Cannon. “The Li brothers trusted them and they should not have.”
Hebei businessman Li Dongzhe – whose failed deal with Chinese authorities was extensively reported by the Wall Street Journal in 2015 – was accused of embezzling US$113 million with the help of a corrupt Bank of China employee, Gao Shan. Both Li brothers fled to Vancouver on visitor visas on December 31, 2004, along with their families. Co-accused Gao Shan, now serving a 15-year sentence in China, had arrived in Canada the day before.
They managed to get the Li brothers back by lying through their teeth
LAWYER DOUGLAS CANNON
The brothers’ financial affairs in Canada are described in a Vancouver police affidavit cited in their pre-removal risk assessment: as early as 2000, they started setting up bank accounts and companies, as well as buying BMW cars. In 2002, the brothers and their wives bought four luxury apartments in Coal Harbour’s Vantage tower in Downtown Vancouver, home to the Marriott Pinnacle Hotel. They also bought two nearby commercial units.
But in 2005, as Chinese authorities sought the Li brothers, the properties were sold for C$3.3 million in total. The registrations of the BMWs were terminated, as were all of the Canadian bank accounts (the Lis and their wives each had several). Properties, businesses, utilities, vehicle registrations and accounts were put in “nominee names” to avoid detection, the police affidavit said.
(Cannon said he could not confirm or deny anything about how he was being paid, nor discuss the brothers’ finances in Canada.)
The brothers’ wives and children returned to China in 2005, while the Li brothers stayed and unsuccessfully sought refugee status.

The immigration department’s risk assessment concluded they were ineligible for consideration as refugees, and there was “evidence of serious reasons to show that the applicants have committed a serious crime in China.”
But it also found that they faced a risk of torture if expelled from Canada.
I shall not be handcuffed and no mandatory measures shall be taken against me. I shall be treated like a regular passenger
ONE OF LI DONGZHE’S REQUESTS TO SECURE HIS SURRENDER
“They were excluded from making refugee claims but at the end of the day it didn’t make any difference because they were still recognised as people at risk,” said Cannon. “They were offered protection by the Canadian government … the bottom line is that they could not be returned to China against their will.”
Yet their circumstances were tenuous. Having previously been arrested for overstaying his visa, Li Dongzhe was living under a curfew and strict conditions that included an electronic monitoring bracelet. For some time, when he travelled around Vancouver, it had to be in Cannon’s company.
Weary of such restrictions, Li decided to try to cut a deal.
His primary contact was a Chinese policeman, You Xiaowen, officially based in the Chinese embassy in Ottawa. You’s business card, obtained by the SCMP, bears no official insignia but lists his title as “counselor and chief police liaison officer” for the embassy, along with phone numbers and a Hotmail address.
Cannon drove the Li brothers to their meetings at the Chinese consulate, which took place from mid-2011 and also sometimes involved co-accused Gao.
The lawyer did not take part in the negotiations and instead waited in the carpark, but Cannon did meet with Chinese officials, including the policeman You.
He came away with the impression that China was “interested in creating a scenario that governments, like the Canadian government, could look to and respect [regarding the return of suspects] … a pattern of internationally recognised fair treatment.”

In 2008, in an attempt to secure the brothers’ repatriation, the Chinese government had already promised Canada that neither would be executed; it remains the only official undertaking in writing by the Chinese authorities regarding the case.
But the brothers’ private deal, according to Cannon, was that Li Dongzhe would face a 15-year maximum term, and that Li Donghu would not be jailed at all. No written record of this part of the supposed deal has ever been made public.
It was to be a two-stage process, said Cannon, with Li Donghu going back first, while Li Dongzhe waited to see how his brother was treated.
So happy was Li Dongzhe with the negotiations that he and fellow fugitive Gao posed for photos with the policeman You and then consul-general Liang Shugen on September 4, 2011, when the deal was discussed in the consulate on Vancouver’s Granville Street.
Other conditions are outlined by Li Dongzhe in an unsigned two-page list in Chinese titled “my ten requests for my voluntary return to China”, dated December 22, 2011, just a week before his flight to China. Cannon said it was his “understanding this was an agreement made between the Chinese officials and Dongzhe … and the original signed version was kept by the Chinese officials.”

In addition to conditions about fair treatment and representation, it states “I shall not be handcuffed and no mandatory measures shall be taken against me. I shall be treated like a regular passenger”; and “after I return to Harbin, I will stay in a relatively safe place (eg a hotel room or a resort located in an urban area, etc) where investigation takes place”. Li also asks that he be allowed to spend the week of the Lunar New Year with his senile mother, and that his return to China be kept secret.
The document concludes by stating that Li is “returning to China voluntarily”.
Li Donghu had gone back to China in July 2011. When Li Dongzhe followed six months later, he was quietly arrested, according to plan.
All was going well until Gao returned to China in August 2012. It was then that “the Chinese government threw the Lis’ agreement out the window” and arrested Li Donghu, said Cannon.
“They [Chinese authorities] said, ‘we don’t care what you think we promised you. You’re both going to jail, and Dongzhe, you’re going to jail for life’.”
According to the Wall Street Journal, the deal struck in Vancouver was not even mentioned in the 166-page court ruling that condemned Li Dongzhe to jail for life.
“There was no doubt the Chinese government broke their promise,” said Cannon. “Not only leniency, but return of improperly seized assets. The biggest breach was the length of the jail term given to Dongzhe, and the fact that Donghu also went to jail. Donghu was never supposed to go to jail.”


A ‘missed opportunity’ for China?
Whether Chinese authorities negotiated with Li Wenge and He Jian before their return to China is not known, but it is clear that they were also under pressure.
In April 2017, the CCDI published their Canadian addresses, along with those of 20 other suspects around the world. Li was living on Barnard Drive in Richmond – the same street where he owned a house named in the 2014 Canadian lawsuit – while He Jian was living on Dover Road, Nanaimo.
Reporters for Vancouver’s Chinese-language media visited the supermarket in Richmond where Li worked, and knocked on the door of the Barnard Street home and another Richmond townhouse he owned.
When a reporter for the state Xinhua news agency visited He’s home in Nanaimo, the door was reportedly closed in their face and two people sped off in a black BMW and a black Mercedes.
Did Chinese authorities make deals with Li and He? The policeman You did not respond to an emailed request for comment.
And explanations offered by Chinese authorities have been vague.
According to the CCDI a spokesman for the government’s Fugitive Repatriation and Asset Recovery Office said Li Wenge’s arrest “has been the result of the concrete actions we have taken to fulfil the spirit of the 19th NPC congress and to showcase the Party’s firm determination and confidence”. He’s arrest, said the CCDI, conveyed the wishes of President Xi Jinping that “all fugitives must be chased wherever they have gone”.



Without directly referring to Li Wenge or He, Cannon said any suspect should be wary of promises made by the Chinese government to persuade them to surrender, and he had never seen China adhere to such deals. “I have only seen them have improper influence over people”, he said. By this he meant “pressure on family members, using threats, torture, threats of torture”.
Cannon said he could not say whether other people on the CCDI’s wanted list had contacted or retained his firm. “But I can tell you that I don’t have any clients right now who have retained me to speak publicly about the situation in the way that the Li brothers have.”
He said he regarded the Li brothers’ deal as a missed opportunity – for China.
“Not a single country in the world wants to be harbouring Chinese fugitives from Chinese justice. The only thing countries like Canada expect is that they be treated fairly,” Cannon said.
“There was a deal in place and it was breached. It proved to the world, once again, that the Chinese authorities cannot be trusted, not even for a second.”

*
IBY AN YOUNG





转载请保留当前帖子的链接:https://www.beimeilife.com/thread-68533-1-1.html 谢谢
发表于 2018-1-20 04:37 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 弯弯 于 2018-1-20 04:39 编辑

郭宝胜:美国之音台长阿曼达在彭博社曝光习近平财富时毫不手软,但因郭文贵爆料海航黑幕断播却向海航致函道歉,如此诡异确凿无疑地验证阿曼达如同胡舒立一样是王岐山的人,请看——王岐山欲取代习近平、江派为销毁罪证灭口郭文贵 《今日热评》:郭文贵先生1月15日最重要的爆料就是王岐山及其背后的江家帮通过彭博社和博讯爆料习近平的财务与性丑闻,通过抓捕肖建华、项俊波等金融巨头进一步控制金融界、通过博讯和内奸打压迫害明镜及陈小平...中共高层的内斗进一步清晰化和白热化







万维读报:


传王岐山职位已经确定?
栗潜心当上河北省政协委员 传是栗战书女儿
美国百名体操女遭性侵 女孩父亲自杀
美国学者称,习近平的梦想是世界的噩梦
海航危机来了:股债大跌 旗下上市公司集体停牌
入侵华盛顿攻击白宫 ISIS发骇人视频
南韩金援北韩参加平昌冬奥 不违反联合国规定




陈小平:在今天《大事小評中》第7集,http://bit.ly/2Dti1T5  除了對本週四節目小結外,我簡單談到上午與美國務院關注我妻子失踪事件小組的討論情況。他們在核對了一些事實並取得我正式授權之後,說國務院對這事有very deep concern. 並將出面與中國政府交涉。望我們密切聯繫互通信息.

直播:中共大外宣面臨釜底抽薪,中國三家長臂公司遭美國阻擊 (《大事小評》第7期)




发表于 2018-1-20 04:37 | 显示全部楼层
阿波罗新闻:江情妇宋祖英被双重调查 独家:惊人逆转!
19日博讯网之博闻社发表独家称,宋祖英1月13日被中纪委和军纪委双重调查。阿波罗网调查发现,早在2014年7月此消息就在大陆网络流传,内容完全相同,区别是当时的日期是2014年7月13日。博讯独家还称,曾庆红胞弟曾庆淮、宋祖英胞妹和徐沛东被中纪委约谈,这部分内容2014年8月同样有网民通过微博做了披露。博讯独家是把上述两部分内容合并到一起。

美国媒体人、阿波罗网特约评论员“在水一方”分析,博讯此独家完全是翻版3年半前的消息,只改了日期,甚至保留了13日。此消息的核心一是为江泽民辟谣,说是经博闻社了解,江泽民和宋祖英并无男女关系。核心二是分析说习近平和曾庆红公开决裂。但是我看到的各家媒体报道,都没有转发江泽民和宋祖英是清白的这一洗地说法,显示这一不能服人。另外,关于习近平和曾庆红公开决裂的分析,也无媒体买账引叙。毕竟,习近平和王岐山公开用庆亲王指桑骂槐曾庆红多年,这早就是决裂了。

之前,博讯网也多次独家发表假新闻,不是习近平要下台,就是韩正要取代李克强。但万变不离其宗,就是习近平王岐山李克强胡锦涛李鹏之间大打出手,曾庆红英明睿智。



郭宝胜:多维为什么制造“王岐山将做国家副主席”的新闻:

王岐山在美国吃喝嫖赌,他还能当国家副主席?!《宝胜时评1/19》       2018年头号假新闻——南华早报报道王岐山要当国家副主席。其实这是南早2017年12月1号的旧闻,多维为何造假新闻?郭文贵在115爆料中指出王岐山曾与同学一起在拉斯维加斯多次吃喝嫖赌,这是真的吗?





发表于 2018-1-20 04:37 | 显示全部楼层
【書齋夜話】之65:中共当局修改中学课本中关于文革历史的深层原因(2018-1-17)
最近中共当局将中学教材中有关“文革”的解释从“十年浩劫”改成“探索”。为什么要修改早已深入人心的定论?深层的原因是什么?我大胆提出两种可能,值得人们深思,也希望大家警惕。



使用高级回帖 (可批量传图、插入视频等)快速回复

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则   Ctrl + Enter 快速发布  

发帖时请遵守我国法律,网站会将有关你发帖内容、时间以及发帖IP地址等记录保留,只要接到合法请求,即会将信息提供给有关政府机构。
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表